[GE users] SGE-6.X: Admin jobs on empty hosts.

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu May 8 11:16:59 BST 2008

Am 08.05.2008 um 11:01 schrieb Erik Soyez:

> On Thu, 8 May 2008, Reuti wrote:
>
>> do you avoid oversubscription with an RQS or setting in the
>> exechost's configuration the available slots to the installed
>> number of cores? Than it should work in the same way even with
>> many queues on each machine..

Okay, then I would suggest to have a special shutdown.q (by forced
complex, maybe limited by an ACL in addition) with the number of
slots set to the slotcount all other queues could occupy at the same
time on a node. Then set the RQS or exechost configuration
complex_values to this amount of maximum slots and submit jobs like
before to this special queue with a PE. Means you will have to
request e.g. 12 slots on a 4 core system in shutdown.q because you
have 3 normal queues on this system with subordination.

-- Reuti