[GE users] Backup problem

Yuan Wan ywan at ed.ac.uk
Thu May 8 16:36:28 BST 2008

Hi all,

I'm trying to backup current configuration (6.0u12) before upgrading to
6.1u4.

The auto backup failed with the following error:
cp: omitting directory `/tmp/'

Command failed: cp /tmp/ /backup.log

Probably a permission problem. Please check file access permissions.
Check read/write permission. Check if SGE daemons are running.

I did the backup operation at $SGE_ROOT (/exports/applications/sge/6.0u12) as root:

./inst_sge -bup -auto /exports/applications/sge/6.0u12/util/install_modules/backup_template.conf

The backup dir is /exports/applications/sge/6.0u12/ecdf_backup

Anyone understand this error?

--Yuan

Yuan Wan
--
Unix Section
Information Services Infrastructure Division

tel: 0131 650 4985
email: ywan at ed.ac.uk

2012 Computing Services, JCMB
The King's Buildings,
Edinburgh, EH9 3JZ

Scotland, with registration number SC005336.