[GE Portal] Fasta- No Text box for 2nd Input file

Melvin Koh Melvin.Koh at sun.com
Mon May 12 11:39:17 BST 2008

Sangamesh,

The form can be modified. It is the file
"<GEP_dir>/apps/A1064135261085/.suntcp-form". The form is basically
constructed using HTML and Javascript, so just add a new HTML textbox as
appropriate. GEP will pass the form values to the "fasta.sh" submit
script located in the same directory. You will also need to modify this
script to handle the newly added input parameter.

For adding a new applications to GEP, we have a simple tutorial:
http://apstc.sun.com.sg/research/projects/gep/download/addnewapp.pdf

Sangamesh B wrote:
> Hi gepusers,
>
>     I installed Bio Cluster Grid 1.5 on RHEL 3 AS U4.
>
> A sample sleeper program executes fine. So BCG is configured fine.
>
> I'm facing probelm with Fasta program. It requires two input files( i.e
> one sequence file and a library file), but the fasta job submission
> window has a provision for only one input file. Where to mention the
> other input?
>
> Is there a procedure to add one more text box?
>
> Is there document for adding new application?
>
> Thanks in advance,
> Sangamesh

Melvin Koh Chee Kian
Grid Solution Architect