[GE users] xml-qstat and FlexLM

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Tue May 13 03:59:19 BST 2008

Hi Christopher,

Sorry for the inconvenience -- the SVN checkout is not directly ready
for prime-time as there is some testing and debug stuff baked into the
sitemap.xmap file that likely needs to be tweaked for your local setup.

I did a fresh checkout of xml-qstat and a new download of Apache
cocoon-2.1.11 and found I had to make the following changes to
sitemap.xmap:

(1) At line 145 in sitemap.xmap you'll see a code block like this:

>  <!-- Catch & redirect people going to http://<server>/xmlqstat/
>        Redirect to 'jobs.html' for the qlicserver integration
>        Redirect to 'qstat-jobs.html' for the traditional "qstat -f"
> output
>        -->
>   <map:match pattern="">
>     <map:redirect-to uri="jobs.html"/>
>   </map:match>

What you need to do is alter the redirect line so that it forces the
browser to "qstat-jobs.html" which is the rendered view that does not
depend on cached XML data from the qlicserver code.

(2) The 2nd change you'll need to do in sitemap is a global search and
replace on "qstat.sh" and replace it with just "qstat". We have
qstat.sh in the sitemap file as a debug step so that we can log
whenever Cocoon makes a Grid Engine call. This was originally used to
confirm by Mark that Cocoon  was not actually smartly caching XML and
was directly calling qstat each time the page was reloaded (something
we want to avoid).

Anyway, once you change the default redirect to "qstat-jobs.html" and
replace the instances of "qstat.sh" with "qstat" in your sitemap.xmap
file you should have more success.

I'll keep going with xml-qstat tonight (it helps that I need to give
the "Fun with SGE XML" talk tomorrow. Any new change I find I'll
document in the wiki at location: http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/Xml-qstat-1.0

-Chris