[GE users] How to install sge in muti computers ??

shaocheng xing xingshaocheng at gmail.com
Tue May 13 11:10:48 BST 2008

Hi All:

I have a trouble on installing sge on tow computers, One acts as Master host
named as hostM, another acts as compute host named as hostE. I have add
hostE into hostM with the command "qconf -ae hostE", but qhost  can not get
any info from hostE on hostM, the result as follows:

HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE  SWAPTO
SWAPUS
global                  -               -     -       -       -
-       -
hostE                      -               -     -       -       -
-       -

However , when i use qhost on hostE,  it show me as follows:

HOSTNAME                ARCH         NCPU  LOAD  MEMTOT  MEMUSE  SWAPTO
SWAPUS
global                  -               -     -       -       -
-       -
hostE                      lx24-x86        1  0.00  383.5M   78.6M
792.3M     0.0

How can i make hostE to join hostM ??