[GE users] How to install sge in muti computers ??

John Hearns john.hearns at streamline-computing.com
Tue May 13 11:55:55 BST 2008

On Tue, 2008-05-13 at 18:10 +0800, shaocheng xing wrote:
> Hi All:
>
> I have a trouble on installing sge on tow computers, One acts as
> Master host named as hostM, another acts as compute host named as
> hostE. I have add hostE into hostM with the command "qconf -ae hostE",
> but qhost  can not get any info from hostE on hostM, the result as
> follows:

You might have installed hostE as an SGE master machine also.

You should take the sgeeexecd script from hostM and install it on hostE,
then start this script (there is a procedure for doing this - sorry I am
a bit busy at the moment)
Do not start from scratch on hostE and install SGE from the beginning.