[GE users] Setting RQS with running jobs

Jesse Becker beckerjes at mail.nih.gov
Tue May 13 15:45:15 BST 2008

Adrián Bravo Navarro wrote:
> Hi,
>
> our cluster is involved in a high activity period, and we need to
> establish some new RQS. There are 8 jobs of user "jack" running in
> node09 and we want to banish that user from that node, but dont want to
> interrupt his running jobs. What we want, in other words, is to prevent
> new jobs of user jack to enter node09.
>
> Does a RQS rule expropiate the running jobs or does it apply to new
> ones?

I don't think you need to use resource quotas for this.  Create a userlist
with only "jack" as a member, then exclude that userlist from from the exechost.

$ qconf -au jack only_jack
$ qconf -aattr exechost xuser_lists only_jack node9

This will keep new jobs from the users in that userset (e.g. "jack") from
using the node.  Running jobs are unaffected.

--
Jesse Becker
NHGRI Linux support (Digicon Contractor)