[GE users] howto force minimal usage of a resource

Andreas Haupt andreas.haupt at desy.de
Thu May 15 13:52:04 BST 2008

Hi *,

is it possible to force a minimal usage of a special resource at job
submission?

Example: we have some "special" users who just require h_vmem=10M or
less for their jobs by accident. This is even too little to run the
prolog script which puts the queue instance into error state. By just
running enough of such jobs you can "dos" a complete farm as all
instances end up in an error state after a while.

Is there a way to prevent this, e.g. force h_vmem to be 32M at least?

Cheers,
Andreas