[GE users] howto force minimal usage of a resource

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu May 15 14:21:39 BST 2008

Hi,

as the limit is set as it is specified, you can't increase it later
on unfortunately.

It's and RFE to have a minimum limit (I would like it to have a
minimum of slots for a parallel job which it must request at least).
But for now I don't see an option to get it (unless you tweak the SGE
source to add always some amount). "If" these 10M are sufficient to
start a bash at least, you could use a starter_method, check for this
limit and exit with a proper error message or exec the given argument
(I just checked it interactively and it seems to be too less :-/ ).

-- Reuti