[GE users] Queue configuration

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu May 15 17:39:19 BST 2008

Am 15.05.2008 um 17:56 schrieb Noé Vázquez González:

> Sorry, I wasn't referring to parallell MPI jobs but sequential jobs
> that need more than one CPU (OpenMP).

also an OpenMP job is a parallel job. You need just one PE where you
can leave the entries for start/stop_porc_args alone and a proper
slot allocation of $pe_slots. Often such a PE is called "smp".

The you request:

qsub -pe smp 4 job.sh

and you get 4 slots on a node and these allocated slots will
correctly decrease the amount of available cores on this machine.

-- Reuti