[GE users] Qrsh qlogin with ssh on RedHat Linux

Alex Chekholko chekh at pcbi.upenn.edu
Fri May 16 02:57:40 BST 2008

On Wed, 14 May 2008 16:56:12 -0400
"Lewis, Daniel \(IS Consultant\)" <DLewis at consultantemail.com> wrote:
> [snip]
> I've attempted to use ssh instead of rsh just in case that is a factor -
> however, the directions for replacing rsh with ssh do not work on RedHat
> linux - for one thing, the directions specify "sshd -i" so that sshd
> will start via xinetd - on RH sshd is not started via xinet.d. In my
> attempts to set that up, sgeexed segfaults on the target machine and I
> get the indication that something is trying to start another sshd on
> port 22. What is the proper value for rlogin daemon and rlogin command,
> etc, for a Linux config?
>
> "May 14 12:43:50 marl-clus1-cn08 sshd[3121]: error: Bind to port 22 on
> 0.0.0.0 failed: Address already in use."
>
> Note, ssh by itself works just fine throughout the environment.
>
> Has anyone revised the directions at
> http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/qrsh_qlogin_ssh.html to work for
> RH Linux?

I followed those instructions without problems, though it was a few months ago.

I'm running CentOS 5.1

$ qconf -sconf
[snip]
qlogin_command               /gpfs/fs0/share/ge-6.1u3/qlogin_wrapper.sh
qlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/sshd -i
rlogin_daemon                /usr/sbin/sshd -i
rsh_daemon                   /usr/sbin/sshd -i
rsh_command                  /usr/bin/ssh
rlogin_command               /usr/bin/ssh
[snip]

$ cat /gpfs/fs0/share/ge-6.1u3/qlogin_wrapper.sh
#!/bin/sh

# per http://www.novaglobal.com.sg/?q=sge-tips

HOST=$1
PORT=$2