[GE users] cannot make it work on Leopard

Christopher Dwan cdwan at bioteam.net
Fri May 16 19:35:33 BST 2008

> Excellent news! By restarting the daemons I am able to run the basic
> simple.sh example. I am positive they were running so 'jiggling the
> handle' did really do the trick.
>
> I'll try more complex stuff monday with mpi jobs and I'll report if
> everything works fine.

Please do keep the list informed.  This seems to be one of those areas
where some people hit the snags, and others do not.  I would love to
see a more robust set of knowledge about SGE on OS X.  If we can
isolate causes and conditions of these failures, I'll chase them back
into the source tree if I can.

> I configured SGE admin user as root. Is that ok or is an open
> directory user better?

When I was first messing with OS X 10.5.0, I found that root worked
more consistently.  At this point that's probably an outdated
superstition.

-Chris Dwan