[GE users] assigning high priority to parallel jobs

A.Ozgur Yazaydin yazaydin at northwestern.edu
Fri May 16 22:02:40 BST 2008

Hello,

 I would like my grind engine to assign high priority to a job, if that jobs is a parallel one
(multi threaded). Note that I do not want to have two separate queus, (one with high and the other
one with low priority). What I want is that jobs submitted to the same queue will have a lower
priority if it is a single threaded job and a higher priority if it is a parallel job. We are using
SGE version 6.0. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Ozgur Yazaydin
Department of Chemical & Biological Engineering
Northwestern University
2145 Sheridan Rd.
Evanston, IL 60208