[GE users] assigning high priority to parallel jobs

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 20 09:00:44 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 16.05.2008 um 23:02 schrieb A.Ozgur Yazaydin:

>  I would like my grind engine to assign high priority to a job, if
> that jobs is a parallel one
> (multi threaded). Note that I do not want to have two separate
> queus, (one with high and the other
> one with low priority). What I want is that jobs submitted to the
> same queue will have a lower
> priority if it is a single threaded job and a higher priority if it
> is a parallel job. We are using
> SGE version 6.0. Any help would be appreciated.

what about using the urgency policy and assigning a value in the last
column of the complex definition for urgency - but it should already
be 1000 by default, so getting a higher urgency when you request more
slots.

http://www.sun.com/blueprints/1005/819-4325.html

Maybe youn have to adjust "weight_urgency" in the scheduler setup
(qconf -msconf) to a higher value also to honor it.