[GE users] Can I stop backfilling?

Kevin Doman kdoman07 at gmail.com
Tue May 20 16:06:44 BST 2008

We have a very busy cluster that always have thousands of short jobs
(15-20 minutes) in queue. Occasionally, a user come in and submit a 20
processor parallel job with h_rt=100 hours. While reservation is
enabled (-R y) and priority set to 1024, we continue to experience job
backfills which resulted in the same 'parallel job starvation' issue.

Is it possible for me to stop backfilling altogether and let the
parallel jobs go first?