[GE users] mpi & matlab

Ender Wiggins ender.a.wiggins at gmail.com
Tue May 20 19:51:23 BST 2008

I'm setting up GE on a small cluster and I've got a few questions about how
GE works and how to plan my configuration.

My nodes do MPI parallel tasks, as well as distributed task using the Matlab
DCE (MDCE). Each node is a SG execution host, and each node runs an MDCE
process as well. And I have once submit host.

When a job is submitted, how does GE differentiate between what nodes are
MPI workers, and what nodes are capable of running MDCE. In other words, how
does it choose which nodes are capable and available for the task? I can
already run parallel task w/o using GE, but integrating the two seems to be
an issue that I haven't quite connected yet.