[GE users] Memory quota enforcement

Xavier Beaudouin kiwi at oav.net
Wed May 21 13:44:25 BST 2008

Hello,

We are running a very busy grid as well, with problems in general about
memory usage.

We have almost decided to adopt the following strategy :

- if user doesn't fill memory requirement, the default memory is set to 1G.
- if user fill memory requirement, then the job is scheduled to the next
slot that have the memory requirement + 10% free (not currently
allocated, but currently required).

If job uses more than memory requirement + 10% then it is killed by grid.

We use linux 2.6.xx/amd64 and SGE 6.1.

Nodes are with 4 cores with 12G ram or 8 cores with 16G ram.

How this can this be done ?

Thanks,
/Xavier