[GE users] Load sensors and scheduling cycle

Wed May 21 14:42:25 BST 2008

Yes, but the cure is worse than the disease.  The load sensor is polling
every load_report_time seconds.  The scheduler runs every
schedule_interval seconds.  Line them up, and you'll get the desired
behavior (assuming flush_submit_sec and flush_finish_sec are 0).  The
problem is that the load_report_time is long to prevent the qmaster from
getting swamped with load reports, and the schedule_interval is short to
make sure jobs get scheduled promptly.

Daniel