[GE users] A submit filter for SGE?

Iwona Sakrejda isakrejda at lbl.gov
Thu May 22 00:22:06 BST 2008

What I am really looking for is a way to get into the reporting records
the submit host and the ppid for the qsub. I worked out how to do that by
providing a qsub wrapper and defining a global resource, but of
course users can evade wrappers and still call the plain qsub.
On another cluster my colleague who runs torque accomplished the task
with a submit filter (and a resource, just like mine) and the filter way
seems
more foul-proof. There is a way to catch evaders, but all the construct
is on a clumsy side at this point.

If anybody has an idea for a neater solution, but at this point it
is not an emergency...

Thank You,

Iwona Sakrejda