[GE users] Establish the number maximum of jobs running/queued by groups instead of by users

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu May 22 09:34:35 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 22.05.2008 um 10:21 schrieb Esteban Freire:

> I would like to know if someone knows a way to configure the number
> maximum of jobs which can be running/queued at the same time, but
> instead of do it on the scheduler and global configuration with the
> variables, maxujobs and max_u_jobs respectively,  that as far as I
> know, it only allows do it by users, I would like to know if there
> is other way for establish these limits by groups instead of by users.

you would have better control of the limits when you use RQS
(resource quota sets) in SGE 6.1. But even then it's only adjustable
by user, not group. But you could create a project per group for now,
and then you could use an RQS to limit the number of slots for this
project.

I think it's worth an RFE to implement it also for unix groups by
using the @ syntax like in access lists in RQS. At least the primary
group is also stored by SGE.

-- Reuti

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/nonav/source/browse/~checkout~/
gridengine/doc/devel/rfe/ResourceQuotaSpecification.html