[GE users] GridEngine on Sierra systems

Fedele STABILE fedele at fis.unical.it
Mon May 26 15:40:07 BST 2008

I've installed GridENgine on my Sierra System and it works !!

Sierra System is an HP project of supercomputer that uses a QSW network
to connect a cluster of HP server. It uses a Resource Manager that loads
the parallel executable, as mpirun, and send it to the nodes in the
cluster.
So to submit a job GridEngine needs to communicate with this Resource
Manager.

I have created script for "execution methods" that can suspend and
resume parallel jobs, no modification needed for starting and
termination.

Is there anyone interested to discuss this argument?

Fedele STABILE