[GE users] Complex that prioritizes hosts?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon May 26 15:40:07 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 26.05.2008 um 16:10 schrieb Andreas Haupt:

> is there a way to create a complex so that users can prioritizes hosts
> over other ones? What I want to setup is actually something like
> this: a
> user specifies a resource requirement at job submission. The scheduler
> should now send all jobs (based on the resource requirement) to
> hostgroup A and only if there are no free slots left in that group it
> might schedule them to hostgroup B.
>
> Is there a way to achieve this?

you could attach a boolean complex to a hostgroup in the queue
configuration (or with each host in the exechost definition) and then
use a soft request for this complex.

To get all nodes of the same type you might need to setup in addition:

http://gridengine.info/articles/2006/02/14/grouping-jobs-to-nodes-via-
wildcard-pes

-- Reuti