[GE users] connection between different cells

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon May 26 16:04:09 BST 2008

Hi,

Am 26.05.2008 um 16:27 schrieb Fedele STABILE:

> Can i configure GE to submit jobs on one of 2 different cells?
>
> I shouldn't use NFS to export /opt/GridEngine/cell filesystems, can i
> use an alternative?

cells are two separate SGE installations, which just share the
$SGE_ROOT. They don't have any connection or know about the existence
of the other cell. You could use a transfer queue:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/TransferQueues/
transferqueues.html (for 5.3, needs some rework for 6.x). If you
don't want to use NFS at all: http://gridengine.sunsource.net/howto/
nfsreduce.html

Reminds me of the qmove, which was available in DQS to move jobs
between cells AFAIR.