[GE users] Gridengine on OpenBSD

Ron Chen ron_chen_123 at yahoo.com
Tue May 27 02:22:46 BST 2008

Joao,

At some point, we were planning to use -DBSD as the #ifdef
macros instead of using one each for FreeBSD, NetBSD, OpenBSD,
and MACOSX. (for details, search the dev list archive for "BSD")

Unluckily, as no one was using OpenBSD at that time, that work
was halted, and we did not check in the OpenBSD specific code
changes.

However, most of the BSD common code should also work for
OpenBSD, if you just hack the dist/util/arch script a bit to
make the rest of the build system to think that it is running on
FreeBSD, then you should be able to get most of the code
compiled.

Let us know if you need more help.

 -Ron