[GE users] Using qdel leaves queues in error status

Filipe Brandenburger filipe.brandenburger at idilia.com
Tue May 27 15:49:36 BST 2008

Hi Andreas,

Thank for your answer. I guess the best path will be the upgrade to
6.1u4, I will use this bug as (one more) reason to give the upgrade some
priority.

Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM wrote:
> but note #752 mentions specifically array jobs: Do you have array-jobs?
> If not, then you may not expect that #752 will bring you an improvement.

Ok, good to know. We have some array jobs but most of our jobs are
launched individually, so I don't think this would fix our issue.

>> I would like to understand what caused this difference in behaviour,
>> since I don't really like the idea of having processes (specially lots
>> of them) being killed with SIGKILL.
>
> Are you using -notify submit option?

In some jobs yes, in some jobs no. It really depends on the developers.
Why? Would that make a difference?

Thanks,
Filipe