[GE users] Using qdel leaves queues in error status

Filipe Brandenburger filipe.brandenburger at idilia.com
Tue May 27 16:16:44 BST 2008

Andreas.Haas at Sun.COM wrote:
> very reasonable. 6.1 resource quotas were reason enough.

That sound yummy (although I don't know what they are ;-). As I told
before, I'm a newbie in SGE. Could you point me to more info on that new
feature?

I found this one, but I don't know if there is a better introduction to
the subject:
http://wikis.sun.com/display/GridEngine/Managing+Resource+Quotas

> You could enforce this  by adding -notify into your
>    $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/sge_request file.

Great, I'll be looking into that.

> It just reminded me to the notify. When you look into qsub(1) you will
> find that SIGUSR2 is usually delivered as kill notification. If you
> use NOTIFY_KILL in sge_conf(5) this could be an explaination of different
> signals being delivered.

No, I'm not using that.

# qconf -sconf | grep execd_params
execd_params                 none