[GE users] A submit filter for SGE?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Tue May 27 17:41:32 BST 2008

Am 27.05.2008 um 17:48 schrieb Ron Chen:

> Since SGE and Torque are opensource, there is no way to stop
> users from disabling the filtering code in qsub by modifying the
> source, and compile their own qsub.

I compiled a special qstat for Torque some time ago. And if you don't
have access to some preferences files from the installation, it
requests won't be accepted by the qmaster, as some special generated
checksum will be different. If you hide this information from the
user, they can't compile something on their own what will work. (At
least this was what I faced - unless I made something completely
wrong, as I'm not a Torque pro)

Could be two RFEs for SGE: a) check special credentials, b) an entry
in SGE's configuration for a script which will be called for every qsub.

For now the option b) would be to built this directly hard-coded into
a self-compiled qmaster in SGE to call a script and write the
information to a file.

-- Reuti