[GE users] Preventing jobs from running on a certain filesystem

Chris Dagdigian dag at sonsorol.org
Wed May 28 16:39:42 BST 2008

Don't think there is anything really built in. The usual hooks/options
for getting some sort of custom behavior in ahead of a job will apply:

  - qsub wrapper that intercepts job submission
  - starter method with special exit code
  - queue level prolog that rejects unauthorized paths with special
exit code

One other slightly evil method that may or may not work ...

- Use the sge_aliases facility to map "/home" to some nonsense path
that will guarantee a job failure. Not practical if it tosses a queue
instance into error state E though but certainly evil!

-chris