[GE users] Parallel environment

Reuti reuti at Staff.Uni-Marburg.DE
Thu May 29 16:11:56 BST 2008

Am 29.05.2008 um 17:00 schrieb Fedele STABILE:

> Even if i force PE to allocate 4 cpu with
> allocation_rule 4
> i allocate only 1 cpu per node

What do you mean in detail? You submit with "-pe mpi 4" and get only
one task for your job as you see in the load? Do you tell the program
how many slots to use?

mpirun -np $NSLOTS mypgm

If you are *always* only on one machine per, you don't need any
machinefile. Otherwise you have to define "mpi" like outlined in
$SGE_ROOT/mpi and start:

mpirun -np $NSLOTS -machinefile $TMPDIR/machines mypgm

(As said, for HP-MPI you have to alter the generation of the
machinefile slightly: http://gridengine.sunsource.net/servlets/
ReadMsg?listName=users&msgNo=23323)

-- Reuti