[GE users] Web Services over Grid

Thu May 29 22:34:35 BST 2008

First off, the "grid containers" in Solaris won't help you much.  That
was a former name for what is known as Solaris Zones.

When you say you want to implement web services on the grid, what
exactly do you mean?  I suspect that Grid Engine is going to be a poor
choice of platform for you.  Grid Engine is focused on matching incoming
jobs to available resources in an efficient manner.  A "job" for Grid
Engine is anything you could run from the command line, i.e. a path to a
script or binary.

Daniel