[GE users] Web Services over Grid

Fri May 30 00:06:12 BST 2008

Are you talking about the web service instances being the jobs?  If so,
it's possible, but it's not pretty.  It's easy enough to submit an
appserver or Tomcat instance as a job and let that spool up a web
service instance, but the trouble is that you have to build the
infrastructure to submit and cancel jobs to dynamically size the
instance pool based on load.  It is possible to use Grid Engine as the
foundation of that infrastructure, but it's complicated and somewhat
fragile.  Or am I reading too much into what you're asking?

Daniel