[GE users] dumb matlab question ?

Colin Thomas Colin.Thomas at csr.com
Fri May 30 10:54:21 BST 2008

Hi,

We have a number of interactive graphics application that we have
successfully gridded.

There is a need to do the same with matlab. We do not wish to run it in
a batch mode, but interactive.

When I normally run matlab on a machine I get a splash screen and then
the application window.

But if I try to run as follows, I just get the splash screen and not the
main window:

qsub -q shared -cwd -V -b y -j y -shell n  $MATLAB_HOME/bin/matlab

Your job 962473 ("matlab") has been submitted

With the log file just giving:

more matlab.o962473

                              < M A T L A B >

                  Copyright 1984-2006 The MathWorks, Inc.

                         Version 7.3.0.298 (R2006b)

                              August 03, 2006

  To get started, type one of these: helpwin, helpdesk, or demo.

  For product information, visit www.mathworks.com.

Is there a know "trick" that I am missing ?

I look forward to your combined wisdom.

Many thanks

Colin Thomas