[GE users] Make jobs wait for available FLEXlm license

Gerhard Venter gventer at sun.ac.za
Fri May 30 13:02:17 BST 2008

I want to apologise up front for what must be a trivial question -
however I am stuck!  I have setup the Olesen Method of FlexLM
integration with SGE 6.0 and everything seems to work fine.  My problem
is how do a make a job wait until the requested number of licenses
become available?

I currently submit my job as follows:

qsub -l genesis=20 vrand.sub

If there are less then 20 licenses available, I immediately get the
message:

Unable to run job: error: no suitable queues.
Exiting.

If there are 20 or more licenses available the job submits and runs
fine.  I would like my job to wait until the licenses becomes available
and then start running automatically.

Thanks,
Gerhard