[GE users] Make jobs wait for available FLEXlm license

Thamizh tcegrid at yahoo.co.in
Fri May 30 15:48:43 BST 2008

1. Please check qstat -F <ResourceName>
    E.g qstat -F ansys
    Were you be able to see the resource been configured to the grid nodes?

2. Also check were you add all the resources to you queue the one are you using to submit a Job?

3. Can you tell which kind of jobs are you submitting? If it is serial your assumption is right. For parallel and distributed it differs.
E.g for Parallel Job which run on 4 processor means you have to give qsub like this
qsub -l <feature> -pe mpi 4 script.sh
qsub -l ansys=0.25 -pe mpi 4 script.sh

I think this will help to resolve your issue

Regards,
Thamizhannal P

Chris Dagdigian <dag at sonsorol.org> wrote:
Ignore the latter half of my confused reply. The normal behavior of
SGE qsub is to accept a job and pend it forever in state "qw" if a
resource request can not be satisfied. I can't remember off the top of
my head what must be wrong for SGE to reject a job submission right
away.

For additional commands, e-mail: users-help at gridengine.sunsource.net