[GE users] restriction on stdout

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Sat Nov 1 18:49:15 GMT 2008

I have noticed some unusual behavior when I pipe data to stdout and it
gets chopped off in an array job. For example:

$ wc -l file.txt
199971 file.txt

$ cat file.txt | split --lines =50137 -a 4 -d - splitted1

When I run this normally I get the correct portions.

However, when I run it using qsub, in a script one of the files is
completly different. Its missing close to 40% of the contents.

Also, the " - " means stdout in the split command. Has anyone seen this before?

TIA