[GE users] What happens when availability window is reached?

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Sun Nov 2 21:42:32 GMT 2008

Am 02.11.2008 um 13:49 schrieb skip at pobox.com:

> I have a lot of machines which are only usable for compute jobs off-
> hours,
> say, from 15:30 to 07:30.  How does SGE handle jobs which are still
> running
> when the deadline is reached?  I browsed through the online docs
> but could
> find no mention of this case.  BTW, none of our stuff currently
> does any
> sort of checkpointing of its own.

You mean when you use a calendar? man calendar_conf

off=like disabled in qmod, the jobs will run until their end
suspended=suspended and still blocking resources

Nothing will be migrated/removed, unless you defined a checkpointing
environment to migrate the jobs when the job/queue gets suspended.
When you submit jobs with h_rt and SGE discovers that they can't
finish before the queue is getting off/suspended, the job won't be
scheduled to this queue at all.

> Is there some sort of frequently asked questions page for SGE?

There are some links on the "Howto" page.

Searching the mail archive will also reveal much information.