[GE users] Array Jobs and Resource Allocation

Mag Gam magawake at gmail.com
Sun Nov 2 23:16:00 GMT 2008

Great. Thanks

I think the RQS you mentioned in the post makes sense. And also
http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/RQS_Common_Uses here and
http://gridengine.sunsource.net/source/browse/*checkout*/gridengine/doc/devel/rfe/ResourceQuotaSpecification.html
are some good techniques.

Basically, with RQS I am planning to do

{
 name mem_limit
enabled true
limit users crazy_prof1,crazy_prof2 hosts {*} to h_vmem=10g
 }

This should have crazy_prof1 and crazy_prof2 limit 10G per slot on any hosts
Does this look right ? Make sense? Any downside to this?

TIA