[GE users] Problem with qrsh!

saggelid saggelid at cs.uoi.gr
Mon Nov 3 07:46:19 GMT 2008

Dear Rayson thanks for your answer but,

as I mentioned we re talking about ldap users, therefore the matter is
not about accounts.
Everything is over nfs and the users' accounts are exported to all nodes.
Now, about the PATH i don't know for sure but:

1.the '-V' parameter exports all the environment variables.
2.when executing "ssh node03 hostname" or the rsh equivalent everything
works fine.
3.only qrsh  complains and to  3 specific nodes.

Here  I would like to add that everything works fine as root although
obviously there isn't any ldap account for it.

The funny part is that the problem appears when working as a normal user
and to 3 specific nodes!

Any idea would help since we re in a deadlock.