[GE users] supported OS

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Nov 3 10:14:11 GMT 2008

Hi,

Am 03.11.2008 um 09:41 schrieb Rafid Al-Khannak:

> Hi All,
>
> Does SGE 6.2 support Linux Debian? and what version?

it's not limited by any distribution but by the used kernel and glibc
version. The versions from 6.1 still applies http://
gridengine.sunsource.net/downloads/61/download.html even for 6.2 I
think.

But I must admit, that the necessary versions are even not listed on
SUN's website after you logged in for 6.2 like it was before for 6.1

Also a list of platforms where it's known to run  when compiling on
your own would be good, e.g. FreeBSD at the gridengine site.