[GE users] supported OS

Reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Mon Nov 3 11:08:34 GMT 2008

Hi Torsten,

Am 03.11.2008 um 11:27 schrieb Torsten Blix:

> Hi Reuti,
>
> On 11/03/08 11:14, Reuti wrote:
>> Hi,
>> Am 03.11.2008 um 09:41 schrieb Rafid Al-Khannak:
>>> Hi All,
>>>
>>> Does SGE 6.2 support Linux Debian? and what version?
>> it's not limited by any distribution but by the used kernel and
>> glibc version. The versions from 6.1 still applies http://
>> gridengine.sunsource.net/downloads/61/download.html even for 6.2 I
>> think.
>> But I must admit, that the necessary versions are even not listed
>> on SUN's website after you logged in for 6.2 like it was before
>> for 6.1
>
> I'm not sure which website you are talking about here, but the
> necessary versions for 6.2 can be found at http://wikis.sun.com/
> display/GridEngine/Supported+Operating+Platforms

you are right, this one I missed :-/ . But it's somewhere hidden in
the Wiki in the sub-chapter Installing Sun Grid Engine. I meant when
clicking the link on the Gridengine site:

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/downloads/latest.html

then you are redirected to SUN's page and can download the binaries.
Yeah, there is a link to the Wiki, but before with the binaries for
6.1 I found it more convenient to have it directly presented on the
download page.

-- Reuti