[GE users] Intel MPI 3.1 tight integration

Mon Nov 3 13:54:21 GMT 2008

Actually, I've done a tight integration, and it's pretty easy.  The
mpdboot command takes a -r parameter that gives the name of the "rsh" to
execute.  Just create a script that strips out the -x and -n from the
arguments and runs qrsh -inherit instead of rsh, and pass that script to
mpdboot with -r.  (You may also want to shortcut out the Python version
check...)  You'll also need a PE starter that creates an appropriate
machines file.

My scripts below should work with Intel MPI 3.1 or 3.2.

Daniel

% cat startpe.sh
#!/bin/sh

hfile=$TMP/mpd.hosts
touch $hfile

cat $PE_HOSTFILE | while read line; do
  host=`echo $line | cut -d' ' -f1 | cut -d'.' -f1`
  cores=`echo $line | cut -d' ' -f2`

  while [ $cores -gt 0 ]; do
    echo $host >> $hfile
    cores=`expr $cores - 1`