[GE users] Job share

Roger Herikstad roger.herikstad at gmail.com
Tue Nov 4 08:17:40 GMT 2008

 I was wondering what the default behaviour of SGE is in terms of job
sharing between users. We have a number of users submitting jobs to
our cluster and what we are seeing is that if one user submits a bunch
of jobs, no other jobs from other users get scheduled before the first
user's jobs have all finished. With no other scheduling implemented,
how does SGE decide which jobs get scheduled? Thanks!

~ Roger