[GE users] how are functional tickets assigned to jobs?

olson olson at mcs.anl.gov
Thu Nov 6 03:57:06 GMT 2008

I've got my cluster set up using functional policy to divide the time on
the cluster between the two main applications and all other users, via an
allocation to departments.

I'm trying to understand the allocation of functional tickets. I can't
figure out why some of the queued jobs have different numbers of tickets
and are getting scheduled in a non-obvious order. There aren't override
tickets assigned to them.

I find information in the docs about how scheduling decisions are made
based on the ticket counts for the jobs, but not how these tickets are
allocated to jobs.

thanks for any insights,
--bob