[GE users] Maximum ram usage of all jobs

reuti reuti at staff.uni-marburg.de
Thu Nov 6 12:48:54 GMT 2008

Hi Pedro,

Am 06.11.2008 um 12:42 schrieb Pedro G:

> I have a cluster with 2 nodes. Each node has 9GB of ram.
>
> I would like to limit the all jobs ram usage to the physical ram I
> have. Now If I launch too many jobs, memory usage goes up to +15 GB
> using swap.
>
> This makes the node very slow due to swap usage.

the list often provides tips and hints for problems, which arise from
time to time. It's of course not easy to find them always under the
subject you are thinking of, but just reading all the post will
provide a large pool of information over time.

http://gridengine.sunsource.net/ds/viewMessage.do?
dsForumId=38&dsMessageId=76438