[GE users] Maximum ram usage of all jobs

Pedro G sanfermines at gmail.com
Thu Nov 6 14:21:14 GMT 2008

Hello Reuti,

I had already read that topic and other similars.

But it is not what I want to do. Maybe it is not possible to do what I want.

Anyway I will try to explain it again, my English is not good but I
will do my best.

Suppose I launch 1 job, which uses 6GB ram.
Later I launch another one, which try to use other 6GB ram.
Since my system only have 9GB, it starts swapping.

I could set up sge to only use 4.5 GB per job, but if there is only a
job I am "wasting" 4.5GB ram. I want sge to dynamically manage how
much ram is used in every host.

Thank you very much :)