[GE users] ARCO emptying $SGE_ROOT/default/common/reporting file and issue with Globus SGE-SEG

Korambath, Prakashan ppk at ats.ucla.edu
Thu Nov 6 16:32:45 GMT 2008

Hi,

   I was submitting a Globus GRAM job through Globus Toolkit 4.2 to SGE 6.2.  The schedule event generator (SEG) looks at $SGE_ROOT/default/common/reporting file to tell GRAM the status of the  submitted jobs.  I noticed that if we are running Arco then the reporting file is periodically emptied.  Only way to stop this behavior is to turn off postgresql, then I suppose Arco will not work.    I was wondering whether there is any alternative way to get a stable reporting file or an alternate reporting file.

Prakashan