[GE users] ARCO emptying $SGE_ROOT/default/common/reporting file and issue with Globus SGE-SEG

rhierlmeier richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
Fri Nov 7 06:27:10 GMT 2008

Hi Prakashan,

On 11/06/08 18:37, Beadles, Jeff wrote:
> How about $SGE_ROOT/default/common/accounting?  -Jeff

Setup a cron jobs which duplicates the reporting file:

  if [ ! -r $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/reporting_for_arco -a
       ! -r $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/reporting_for_globus ]; then

      # move the current reporting file into a tmp file
      # qmaster will recreate the reporting file soon
      mv $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/reporting \
           $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/reporting.tmp

      # Append the reporting file to the reporting file for globus
      cat $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/reporting.tmp \
           >> $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/reporting_for_globus

      # Rename the tmp reporting for, dbwriter will process it
      mv $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/reporting.tmp \
           $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/reporting_for_arco

  fi

In dbwriter.conf (configuration file or dbwriter) the path to the reporting file
is defined:

% cat $SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/dbwriter.conf
#
# File name of reporting file
#
DBWRITER_REPORTING_FILE=$SGE_ROOT/$SGE_CELL/common/reporting

I hope that the path to the reporting file is not hard coded in globus.

I used such a script already for testing different database system. The
reporting of one cluster has been processed by two dbwriter instances. Once was
writing into and postgres database, one was writing into a mysql database.

Richard

> Prakashan

Richard Hierlmeier           Phone: ++49 (0)941 3075-223
Sun Microsystems GmbH
Dr.-Leo-Ritter-Str. 7	     mailto: richard.hierlmeier at sun.com
D-93049 Regensburg           http://www.sun.com/grid

Sitz der Gesellschaft: