[GE users] qlicserver to manage multiple servers

Olesen, Mark Mark.Olesen at emcontechnologies.com
Fri Nov 7 12:00:06 GMT 2008

Hi Ionel,

> I'm playing around with Olesen-Flexlm integration.
> First, congrats for the job !
>
> Is there a way to declare multiple flexlm servers inside a unique XML
> configuration file ?
> Thanks to the XML, could something like multiple <qlicserver> tags be
> nested inside a <qlicservers> tag to manage this ?
>
> If not, is the only solution to run multiple qlicserver daemon for
> each Flexlm server ?

If you haven't already done so, you should take a look at the wiki info:
http://wiki.gridengine.info/wiki/index.php/Olesen-FLEXlm-Configuration

I need more information about what exactly you are trying to achieve.
Normally you should just specify the LM_LICENSE_FILE env variable, or
the same thing within the config file. The queries are bundled per
server and the queries are threaded.

With the current version (1.44 I think), there is a slight bug with the
server grouping. I was too aggressive about bundling the names and
simply stripped off the domain-name: ie, serv1.domain.name and serv1
would get lumped together.  This turns out to be a really bad idea if
you have the several servers and used the IP address.  I think there
must be a patch floating about the list (several months ago), but it's
patched in my personal version - which will be released as soon as I get
6.2 installed and fully tested.

/mark
message from your computer.