[GE users] Workload management and virtualization

adoerr Andreas.Doerr at sun.com
Fri Nov 7 13:33:36 GMT 2008

All,

there is currently a very interesting discussion ongoing concerning
GridEngine and virtualization.

I want to invite you to a little 'Thought Experiment'. From your point
of view, how do you think should an ideal integrated solution for
workload management *and* management of virtual resources should look
like? Do you think this would be a good idea at all? Don't be shy and
feel free to come up with a long wish list, Christmas is coming ;-)

Please don't restrict yourself by what is doable in the context of Grid
Engine. As I wrote in the beginning, this is intended to be a little
thought experiment.

Cheers,
Andreas