[GE users] qlicserver to manage multiple servers

igardais ionel.gardais at tech-advantage.com
Fri Nov 7 14:15:51 GMT 2008

Hi Mark,

I've been through the Configuration wiki page.
I misinterpreted the LM_LICENSE_FILE param (@serv1:@serv2) as the
FlexLM's redundant-servers internal feature.

My need is that I run multiple FlexLM servers, each serving different
features.
Based on the Configuration page, revising my inital wrong judgment, I
added my own servers :
<param name="LM_LICENSE_FILE">@saturne:@orion</param>
with resources from both servers (some features are provided by one
server, some by the other).
A dry run shows that served features were correctly retrieved from both.
Thanks for this.

The idea I initially had in mind was a configuration file like :
<qlicservers>
    <qlicserverConfig>
       <!-- params and resources from FlexLM server #1 -->
    </qlicserverConfig>
    <qlicserverConfig>
       <!-- params and resources from FlexLM server #2 -->
    </qlicserverConfig>A
    <qlicserverConfig>
       <!-- params and resources from FlexLM server #n -->
    </qlicserverConfig>
</qlicservers>

This way, people using the "3-redundant-server" scheme could reference
them all under the LM_LICENSE_FILE param, using them as "try the next
server from LM_LICENSE_FILE if the current does not respond to request".

Well, this is just a thought ...

Ionel